Associate Manager, Social Media
Contractor to Hire Position
(Hybrid Role. Must be based in Boston, MA)
Team Mel is looking for a smart, creative and strategic Associate Manager, Social Media to help grow and manage one of the world’s most respected and influential women in personal development and motivation, Mel Robbins.
The ideal candidate will have experience in visual storytelling, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a deep knowledge and passion for social media, trends, and emerging technology. This role will play a meaningful role in the creation of captivating platform-first digital content that serves to inspire and motivate millions of people around the world.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference. This is a contractor (90 days) to full-time position and will require an on-site hybrid schedule in our Boston studio.
- Support Manager, Social Media to develop and execute social media strategy for Mel Robbins and The Mel Robbins Podcast owned social media accounts, including Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Threads, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Serve as the on-call community manager to oversee our morning freelancer Community Manager for the 7:15am ET post and will be responsible for managing the midday post (published at 11am ET)
- Serve as back-up CM support for any freelance CM shifts that are open due to scheduling conflicts/time out sick/etc
- Draft and create entertaining, engaging, and informative Instagram Stories
- Support brainstorming and creation of timely and culturally relevant, brand appropriate content optimized for platform and audience
- Embody the brand voice to write keyword and SEO optimized captions for Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- Manage and execute posting content across assigned social channels and troubleshooting when appropriate
- Drive an increase in engagement, mentions, impressions, and followers/subscribers on owned social media channels
- Collaborate with social, video, and podcast teams to improve social headlines and descriptions
- Communicate social media trends and new platform functionality to the team
- Have a Bachelor's degree in PR, marketing, communications, or related field and a deep understanding of social media and influencer marketing
- 2-3 years of working in a social media role for a large brand or creator (minimum of 250K followers)
- Strong functional knowledge of social media principles and best practices
- Have a passion for telling excellent stories
- Forensic attention to detail and proven time management and organization skills
- A positive and high energy individual
- Extremely well organized, methodical and efficient
- Self-motivated and proficient at managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial spirit/ability and eagerness to try different things with minimal direction
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including messaging, social copy, etc.
- Based in Boston, Massachusetts or willing to relocate
- Being fluent in Spanish is a plus
You’d fit in well on Team Mel if:
- You’re forward-thinking, an expert at follow-through, a quick and creative problem solver, and a self-starter
- Your superpower is the ability to engage and grow social media audiences so that observers become fans and fans become advocates
- You bring fresh ideas to any project or conversation
- You love technology and you are a wizard at organization
- You’re looking for a dynamic and engaging job that makes an impact on people's lives in a meaningful way
- You love organization, implementing effective and efficient systems, and thrive in a very fast-paced, make-it-your-own environment
- You are flexible, agile, and have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and anticipate short-term and longer-term priorities
- You are someone who isn’t afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things
- You are a team player who wants to be part of making the company better as a whole
- You love the science of human potential and using that knowledge to help people become happier and more fulfilled in all aspects of their lives
- You believe in the work and are motivated by the difference you’re making in people’s lives
Who We Are:
143 Studios, Inc. is a media company headquartered in Boston, MA focused on creating, producing, and publishing first-of-its-kind audio and visual content that inspires and empowers millions of people around the world. 143 Studios produces and manages content across all social and digital platforms for Mel Robbins.
Mel is in a category all her own. As one of the world’s most widely followed and listened to podcast hosts and authors, she’s sought after by the world’s leading brands and medical professionals who use her research-backed tools and strategies in clinical and corporate settings.
She is the #1 female voice in the mental health, wellness, and personal development spaces, a serial media entrepreneur, and an expert in mindset and behavior change. She has amassed 12 million followers online, with her videos going viral almost daily.
143 Studios produces provocative and award-winning content with unprecedented results: millions of books sold, billions of video views, seven #1 audiobooks, and original courses and professional development education for clients like Starbucks, Ulta Beauty, JP Morgan Chase, LinkedIn, Spotify, Headspace, and Audible.
A New York Times bestselling author and Forbes 50 over 50, Mel’s work includes the multi-million copy-selling The 5 Second Rule, The High 5 Habit, and the Webby and Signal Award-winning #1 education podcast in the world, The Mel Robbins Podcast.
Mel’s work has been translated into 41 languages, her podcast is syndicated in 194 countries, and her TEDx Talk is one of the most viewed of all time. Most importantly, her science-backed tools and relatable advice have changed the lives of millions of people worldwide.
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com by December 18, 2023 in order to be considered.