Contractor to Hire Position
(Hybrid Role. Must be based in Boston, MA)
We are seeking a proven strategic thinker, experienced hands-on designer, and strong visual storyteller to join our team. This role is central to overall graphic design output for Team Mel Robbins, ensuring every design delivers on the creative vision and aligns with the brand.
As a Graphic Designer you will collaborate with teams across Team Mel to communicate big ideas and translate brand narratives into creative work. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about creating eye-catching and thumb-stopping designs that drive storytelling, virality, and conversion while inspiring and motivating millions of people around the world. This is a contractor (90 days) to full-time position and will require an on-site hybrid schedule in our Boston studio.
- Create compelling marketing collateral for Mel Robbins brand, products, courses as well as The Mel Robbins Podcast across digital, social, email and print
- Uphold (and refine) established creative standards and brand consistency across all projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including social media, video, podcast and course teams to conceptualize and execute visually appealing content that meets business requirements
- Work with teams, while utilizing own artistic ability skills, training, and creativity to help create thoughtful, trend forward design results
- Design social media assets, YouTube Thumbnails, course worksheets/workbooks, digital advertising, Giphys/digital stickers, email marketing assets, promotional collateral, and other requests
- Help drive best practices in marketing storytelling
- Work with tight deadlines while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
- Translate brand strategy into powerful and purposeful creative concepts
- Conduct thorough research and stay up to date with design/social media trends, emerging technology, and industry best practices to continuously improve the quality of our designs
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong portfolio of work that displays proficiency in design principles, branding, color theory and typography with demonstrated experience across digital, social media, and print
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and other relevant design software
- Adept multitasker who can pivot quickly and shift from task to task
- Organizational skills to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines
- Are reliable and resourceful and know how to manage your time so deadlines (occasionally with tight turnarounds) are met
- Possess high EQ and strong interpersonal skills; a team player, a positive go-getter, and all-around good person
- Superior communication, organizational and time management skills
- Eye for great photography
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Demonstrated experience to explain the “why” behind design decisions/recommendations and navigate subjectivity
- Possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude
- Unrelenting attention to detail
- Based in Boston, MA or willing to relocate
You’d fit in well on Team Mel if:
- You're forward-thinking, a quick and creative problem solver, and a self-starter
- You love technology and you are a wizard at organization
- You bring fresh ideas to any project or conversation
- You’re looking for a dynamic and engaging job that makes an impact on people's lives in a meaningful way
- You love organization, implementing effective and efficient systems, and thrive in a very fast-paced, make-it-your-own environment
- You are flexible, agile, and have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and anticipate short-term and longer-term priorities
- You are someone who isn’t afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things
- You are a team player who wants to be part of making the company better as a whole
- You love the science of human potential and using that knowledge to help people become happier and more fulfilled in all aspects of their lives
- You believe in the work and are motivated by the difference you’re making in people’s lives
Who We Are:
143 Studios, Inc. is a media company headquartered in Boston, MA focused on creating, producing, and publishing first-of-its-kind audio and visual content that inspires and empowers millions of people around the world. 143 Studios produces and manages content across all social and digital platforms for Mel Robbins.
Mel is in a category all her own. As one of the world’s most widely followed and listened to podcast hosts and authors, she’s sought after by the world’s leading brands and medical professionals who use her research-backed tools and strategies in clinical and corporate settings.
She is the #1 female voice in the mental health, wellness, and personal development spaces, a serial media entrepreneur, and an expert in mindset and behavior change. She has amassed 12 million followers online, with her videos going viral almost daily.
143 Studios produces provocative and award-winning content with unprecedented results: millions of books sold, billions of video views, seven #1 audiobooks, and original courses and professional development education for clients like Starbucks, Ulta Beauty, JP Morgan Chase, LinkedIn, Spotify, Headspace, and Audible.
A New York Times bestselling author and Forbes 50 over 50, Mel’s work includes the multi-million copy-selling The 5 Second Rule, The High 5 Habit, and the Webby and Signal Award-winning #1 education podcast in the world, The Mel Robbins Podcast.
Mel’s work has been translated into 41 languages, her podcast is syndicated in 194 countries, and her TEDx Talk is one of the most viewed of all time. Most importantly, her science-backed tools and relatable advice have changed the lives of millions of people worldwide.
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 18, 2023 in order to be considered.