Senior Social Media Strategist
Contractor to Hire Position
(Hybrid Role. Must be based in Boston, MA)
The Senior Social Media Strategist serves as the strategic voice for the social media team and works as a close partner in collaboration with video, content and podcast teams. You love to be part of a team that creates thumb-stopping content, both planned and real-time, and will play a meaningful role in the creation of captivating platform-first digital content that inspires and motivates millions of people around the world.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, capable of juggling many tasks, and enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Senior Social Media Strategist will help manage our social media strategy across various platforms – including but not limited to Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, and Facebook. Other responsibilities include regular data analysis, creative ideation and execution on social series, original content creation and helping to further develop the Mel Robbins and The Mel Robbins Podcast brands on social media.
This is a contractor (90 days) to full-time position and will require an on-site hybrid schedule in our Boston studio.
- Work closely with the Director, Social Media + Digital Marketing to create and execute the social media strategy for Mel Robbins and The Mel Robbins Podcast, proactively escalating issues, observations, opportunities and insights
- Lead the production of daily content for our multiple channels
- Drive an increase in engagement, mentions, impressions, followers/subscribers and monetization on owned social media channels
- Regularly pitch new, innovative social concepts and ideas
- Deliver valuable content that is grounded in a solid base of community understanding and structured to deliver data-driven results
- Develop concept ideas for graphic design and video assets, including static graphics, animations and videos
- Manage social media calendar to ensure that content is posted regularly, conforms to platform best practices and capitalizes on relevant trends
- Develop and manage the execution of social campaigns
- Leverage social tools to strategically analyze performance
- Manage a team of freelance community managers to support and oversee comment moderation, customer service, escalations, etc
- Develop clear reporting and deliver insights to optimize our social strategy
- Maintain a proactive pulse on industry and competitors’ use of social media and passionately bring new opportunities to the team often
- Have a Bachelor's degree in PR, marketing, communications, or related field and a deep understanding of social media and influencer marketing
- Have 5-7 years of experience in social media management, including social listening, community management, content strategy development, and analytics with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands/creators (minimum 500k+ followers)
- Have extensive experience working directly with creators
- Can seamlessly navigate between social media concepting and social media strategy/platform expertise
- Have a proven success record in developing social strategy, executing creative development, increasing brand engagements and scaling communities
- Exceptional written/verbal communication skills, with a passion for storytelling and an understanding of messaging/titling/social copy to achieve results
- Able to combine creative content ideas with smart social media strategies to drive business results
- Strong social skills and proven data interpretation capabilities; able to translated findings into insights
- Dependability, follow-through, strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle extensive multitasking, pivoting and meeting multiple deadlines
- Superior communication, organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with graphic designer in creating compelling and eye-catching graphics, and/or video editors in producing videos (short-form and longform) for social media
- A proven track record of executing high-quality social media or content creation, with experience building out, implementing and iterating on strategy as well as in-depth knowledge of social platforms
- Based in Boston, MA or willing to relocate
You’d fit in well on Team Mel if:
- You’re forward-thinking, an expert at follow-through, a quick and creative problem solver, and a self-starter
- Your superpower is the ability to engage and grow social media audiences so that observers become fans and fans become advocates
- You bring fresh ideas to any project or conversation
- You love technology and you are a wizard at organization
- You’re looking for a dynamic and engaging job that makes an impact on people's lives in a meaningful way
- You love organization, implementing effective and efficient systems, and thrive in a very fast-paced, make-it-your-own environment
- You are flexible, agile, and have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and anticipate short-term and longer-term priorities
- You are someone who isn’t afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things
- You are a team player who wants to be part of making the company better as a whole
- You love the science of human potential and using that knowledge to help people become happier and more fulfilled in all aspects of their lives
- You believe in the work and are motivated by the difference you’re making in people’s lives
Who We Are:
143 Studios, Inc. is a media company headquartered in Boston, MA focused on creating, producing, and publishing first-of-its-kind audio and visual content that inspires and empowers millions of people around the world. 143 Studios produces and manages content across all social and digital platforms for Mel Robbins.
Mel is in a category all her own. As one of the world’s most widely followed and listened to podcast hosts and authors, she’s sought after by the world’s leading brands and medical professionals who use her research-backed tools and strategies in clinical and corporate settings.
She is the #1 female voice in the mental health, wellness, and personal development spaces, a serial media entrepreneur, and an expert in mindset and behavior change. She has amassed 12 million followers online, with her videos going viral almost daily.
143 Studios produces provocative and award-winning content with unprecedented results: millions of books sold, billions of video views, seven #1 audiobooks, and original courses and professional development education for clients like Starbucks, Ulta Beauty, JP Morgan Chase, LinkedIn, Spotify, Headspace, and Audible.
A New York Times bestselling author and Forbes 50 over 50, Mel’s work includes the multi-million copy-selling The 5 Second Rule, The High 5 Habit, and the Webby and Signal Award-winning #1 education podcast in the world, The Mel Robbins Podcast.
Mel’s work has been translated into 41 languages, her podcast is syndicated in 194 countries, and her TEDx Talk is one of the most viewed of all time. Most importantly, her science-backed tools and relatable advice have changed the lives of millions of people worldwide.
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com by December 18, 2023 in order to be considered.