Social Media Strategy
(based in Boston, MA)
The Senior Manager, Social Media Strategy serves as the lead strategic voice for the social media team and works as a close partner in collaboration with marketing and podcast teams. You will play a meaningful role in the creation of captivating platform-first digital content that serves to inspire and motivate millions of people around the world.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
- Lead the social media strategy and execution for Mel Robbins and The Mel Robbins Podcast
- Drive an increase in engagement, mentions, impressions, and followers/subscribers on owned social media channels
- Deliver valuable content that is grounded in a solid base of community understanding and structured to deliver data-driven results
- Develop and manage the execution of social campaigns
- Leverage social tools to strategically analyze performance
- Develop clear reporting and deliver insights to optimize our social strategy
- Manages, mentors, and drives professional development of the social media team
- Maintain a proactive pulse on industry and competitors’ use of social media and passionately bring new opportunities to the team often
You’re the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in PR, marketing, communications, or related field, and a deep understanding of social media and influencer marketing
- Can seamlessly navigate between social media concepting and social media strategy/platform expertise
- In-depth knowledge of video storytelling and how to translate based on platform best practices
- Have 6+ years of experience in social media management, including social listening, community management, content strategy development, and analytics
- Have extensive experience working directly with creators
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team in a highly collaborative environment (minimum 2+ years management experience)
- Have a proven success record in developing social strategy, executing creative development, increasing brand engagements, and scaling communities
- Have a passion for telling excellent stories
- Forensic attention to detail
- Experience using analytics and research to drive business decisions
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including messaging, social copy, etc.
You’d fit in well on Team Mel if:
- You’re forward-thinking, an expert at follow-through, a quick and creative problem solver, and a self-starter
- Your superpower is the ability to engage and grow social media audiences so that observers become fans and fans become advocates
- You bring fresh ideas to any project or conversation
- You are flexible, agile, and have the ability to ruthlessly prioritize and anticipate short-term and longer-term priorities
- You love technology and are a wizard at organization
- You are someone who isn’t afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things
- You are a leader, a team player who wants to be part of making the company better as a whole
- You’re looking for a dynamic and engaging job that makes an impact on people’s lives in a meaningful way
- You believe in the work and are motivated by the difference you’re making in people’s lives
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16, 2022 in order to be considered.
Who we are:
143 Studios, Inc. is a media company headquartered in Boston, MA focused on creating, producing, and publishing first-of-its-kind audio and visual content that inspires and empowers millions of people around the world. 143 Studios produces and manages content across all social and digital platforms for Mel Robbins, who is an entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author, and host of the #1 ranking "The Mel Robbins Podcast” which launched in October 2022.
Who is Mel Robbins?
Mel Robbins is an entrepreneur, podcast host, a New York Times bestselling author, viral content creator, and thought leader in the personal development space. She is beloved for her relatable and relevant advice and for her simple, evidence-backed tools that change people’s lives.
Mel has amassed millions of followers online, become the most booked female speaker in the world, created online courses taken by almost a million students, and sold millions of books.
In the past three years, Mel has hosted a daytime syndicated talk show for Sony Pictures and produced and recorded five #1 audiobooks for Audible. In 2022, The Mel Robbins Podcast launched and a membership program is slated for early 2023.
Mel’s work has been translated into 36 languages and garnered attention and partnerships with some of the world’s leading entertainment, business, and personal development brands, including Sony Pictures Television, Audible, Starbucks, JP Morgan Chase, Microsoft, LinkedIn, and more.