WELCOME TO EPISODE 1 OF THE MEL ROBBINS PODCAST!
You can change your life. Period.
My mission in this episode is to remind you of who you are and help you tap into the power inside of you. I want you to see something bigger for your life this year. I want to empower you with 3 simple steps you can take to make that vision a reality.
In this episode, you will learn the 3 steps I used to reinvent every aspect of my life over the past two years. I strengthened my relationships, changed my business, improved my mental health, and heck, I even changed where I lived (after 26 years)! I will walk you, step by step, through the story and the process.
I will share how I went from feeling stuck, lost, and overwhelmed two years ago to where I am today: happier than I’ve been in a long time, making big things happen, and having a ball.
If I can do it, you can do it.
I’ll walk you through what I did and how I did it. By the end of the episode, you’ll not only feel motivated to improve your life, but you’ll also know the steps to take and HOW to make it happen. And I will make sure you know that you, in fact, deserve to be happy and fulfilled. Yes, YOU.
You’ll also hear an amazing and inspiring story from one woman who used these 3 steps to save her life and then, over the past year, take the actions to improve her life and become happier, more confident, and empowered.
All of this is here to inspire and empower you to use these same simple steps to create profound change in your life, too.
You’ll also learn interesting research about tapping into intrinsic motivation, temporal landmarks, and thinking bigger about your life and the future, using “The Fresh Start Effect” to unlock the confidence to kick your rear end when you need to.
This episode is packed with stories, science, tools, and the motivational fire power you deserve. I am on a mission to remind you of who you are and the power you have inside yourself to change your life.
Change is possible. And you can’t convince me otherwise. YOU have the power to change your life through the actions you take every single day. YOU deserve to be happy.
And in case no one tells you today, I love you and I believe in your ability to change your life. Now go get ‘em. ❤️
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN...
- 3 proven steps that will change your life
- How to utilize what researchers call “the Fresh Start Effect” to motivate you to take action
- How to tap into powerful research on intrinsic motivation and unlock the courage and confidence you need to create a better life
- What science says about “Temporal Landmarks” and how you can use them to your advantage in dreaming bigger and achieving your goals
- How to tap into decades of research using the therapy modality “Behavioral Activation Therapy” with one simple-to-understand mindset flip
- The power of making a wish and getting intentional about what you truly want
- How I went from feeling totally lost, sad, and stuck on my 52nd birthday to where I am now – and how you can too
- What action to take right now to start the change you envision for your life – today
LINKS + RESOURCES
- For Closed Captions: Watch on Mel’s YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Mel's 52nd birthday video
- The 5 Second Rule audiobook
- Video explaining "The Fresh Start Effect"
- Paper on "The Fresh Start Effect"
- Paper on intrinsic motivation
- Inspiring quotes about fresh starts
- Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: 988