How to Have the Best Sex of Your Life: Surprising Ways to Make Sex Better Even if You Are Tired, Single… or Not in the Mood
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Dr. Emily Morse
In this episode, you are going to learn how to have better sex. You have an appointment with a leading sex expert, Dr. Emily Morse. I will be the first to admit that I want to have better sex, but I don’t know how to achieve it.
And I’m asking all the uncomfortable questions you want to ask.
This conversation is going to think differently about this topic and inspire you to prioritize pleasure and connection in bed, no matter your age, relationship status, or gender.
And if you are saying, “This doesn’t apply to me,” or as my friend just said, “I’m in way worse than a drought! At this point, I’m a born-again virgin."
No, you’re not. And this episode is for you too, because our expert says improving your solo sex life is the first step.
You may not want your little ones to listen because, when it comes to confessions about sex, I'm going first.
Dr. Emily claims that everything you have been taught or observed about sex is WRONG.
Dr. Emily is insightful, and this conversation is hilarious and actionable.
You will learn:
- The 3 unexpected ways you are killing your sex drive
- How to get out of your head when you’re in bed
- Why meditation and sex might be the combo you need to orgasm
- You are NOT alone if you cannot orgasm from penetration.
- How to tell time with your vulva (yes, it is a thing)
- Masturbation without shame and secrecy
- Why skipping foreplay is ruining your chance of having great sex
- The 5 ways your self-awareness ignites hot and steamy sex
- Let’s stop faking orgasms. Know the four steps to how you can really get there.
Grab your mirrors and vibrators, and leave your inhibitions and embarrassment at the door. And according to our expert, it’s amazing foreplay to talk about sex. So why don't you and your partner listen to this together? You’ll thank me later.
Maybe we’ll call these sex episodes “Listen and Lube”?
In this episode:
- 2:40: Great sex starts here first.
- 5:20: Can you relate with these sex questions from our listeners?
- 9:00: The 3 elements that kill our desire to connect.
- 10:20: My ‘killer’ sex life right now, in the raw.
- 13:25: What partner are you?
- 17:30: Let’s unpack our lady parts. What exactly is a vulva?
- 20:20: One big reason why we are all being disserviced as young adults.
- 24:00: I love the empowering name Dr. Emily gives for masturbation.
- 24:30: The 3 reasons not to wait for someone else to give you pleasure.
- 28:00: It wasn’t until I got this from my friends that I learned to masturbate.
- 30:25: There are thousands more nerve endings in a clitoris than we thought!
- 33:00: Why are women so uncomfortable about asking for what we need?
- 35:30: The 3 T’s you need to start an awkward conversation with your partner.
- 37:40: Never talk about sex in this room.
- 38:40: Be prepared that your first awkward conversation will go this way.
- 43:05: 5 Pillars for having great sex.
- 46:06: Do this exercise with your partner to feel more relaxed and in control.
- 48:25: A technique to do on your own during sex to make you more present.
- 49:55: What happens in your body when you orgasm?
- 50:38: Is it healthy to have multiple orgasms?
- 52:55: What to do when you’re in a relationship that has become just friendly.
- 55:10: Learn to do this to increase your chances of having an orgasm.
- 57:00: How can vulva owners ask for what they need sexually?
- 59:20: It often takes between 20-40 minutes for this to happen.
- 1:01:40: How many times a week should we be having sex?
- 1:04:30: What to do when you’ve not had sex for a long time.
- 1:06:35: How is your current sex life tied to your childhood needs?
- 1:07:40: The difference between fantasy and fetish.
- 1:11:05: Jumping back into dating after divorce from 30 years of marriage.
- 1:11:58: Becoming intimate again after getting sober.
- 1:12:55: Why can’t I handle the intensity of pleasure?
- 1:13:45: How to have healthy intimacy when you’ve experienced trauma.
- 1:16:53: See a pelvic floor therapist if this happens when you have sex.
- 1:17:46: Is it possible for women to have sex and not get attached emotionally?
- 1:20:45: What is the “Yes-No-Maybe List”?
- 1:21:15: 5 steps to having the best sex of your life.
Resources and go deeper:
Dr. Emily Morse:
- Learn more about Dr. Emily Morse on her website.
- Find her on Instagram here.
- Check out her bestselling book here.
- Read Emily’s weekly articles here.
- Dr. Emily Morse: Yes, no, maybe list
- Dr. Emily Morse: How to meditate, masturbate, manifest like a pro
- Dr. Emily Morse: 5 everyday items that elevate your sex life
- Dr. Emily Morse: 7 signs of sexual compatibility
- National Library of Medicine: Brain activity unique to orgasm in women
- Harvard University Press: The case of the female orgasm
- New York Times: How to talk to your partner about sex
- Harvard Health: Sex in the second half
- John Hopkins University: Sexual pleasure after trauma
More Episodes For You
The Mel Robbins Podcast
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Dr. Paul Conti
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Dr. Amy Shah
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Dr. Amy Shah
The Mel Robbins Podcast with The Robbins Family
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Rebecca Zung