If You Only Listen to One Podcast This Week, Make It This Episode
The Mel Robbins Podcast
Want to know the ONE thing you should do this week?
Today’s episode is essential listening and exactly what you need to hear right now.
The companion workbook to this episode can be found at melrobbins.com/bestyear.
In this episode, you will learn:
- The one question to ask yourself that will immediately improve your day
- How to make time for yourself when your schedule is jam-packed
- The reason many influencers seem to have perfect lives
- The ONLY advice that will actually work for you
- Figure this out and you’ll feel better about your life
- The embarrassing thing Mel does in her bathtub
- How to stop your negative self-talk so you can enjoy life
- The song Mel listens to when she needs to chill and let go of her thoughts.
- The difference between taking a break and being lazy
- The difference between taking a break, procrastination, and making excuses
This episode comes with a free companion workbook to help you make 2024 your best year. This zero-cost workbook is designed using the latest research to help you get clear about what you want and empower you to take the next step forward in your life. And the cool part? It takes less than a minute for you to get your hands on it.
Just sign up at melrobbins.com/bestyear.
Watch the episodes on YouTube: https://bit.ly/45OWCNr
The Mel Robbins Podcast Instagram: https://bit.ly/49bg4GP
Sign up for my newsletter: https://bit.ly/46PVnPs
In this episode, you'll learn:
- 0:12: The only thing you should do this week – and why
- 10:02: How to remain hopeful when you’re in the trenches and surrounded by high achievers
- 13:19: The only advice you should be following
- 15:41: Should you listen to people who don’t understand your life?
- 17:36: How I handle jealousy
- 19:25: How to make time for rest when it feels like a guilty pleasure
- 24:00: How to get out of your head and into the moment
- 26:40: What you and I will do at 2:13 pm every day
- 33:29: The difference between laziness and procrastination (and how it applies to you)
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Brand new study: “Thinking about thinking: People underestimate how enjoyable and engaging just waiting is.”
- Harvard Business Review: Not Enough Time; Go Deeper
- The New York Times: The Case for Doing Nothing
- Psychology Today: Why Should We Slow Down?
- Ness Labs: The benefits of slowing down
- The Conversation: Why some people can’t stop running
- The New York Times: Why You Procrastinate
- The song Mel was playing: Genesis
- Calm your mind: Headspace App/Calm App
- Want to get your kids excited about doing nothing? Let’s Do Nothing!
More Episodes For You
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Trent Shelton
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Jamie Kern Lima
The Mel Robbins Podcast
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Dr. Ramani