What if you could show up in any relationship feeling secure, exactly as you are?
You didn’t have to overthink every text you sent.
You wouldn’t have to play the dating games.
If somebody ghosted you, it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
Well I’m here to tell you today that you CAN be that person.
Meet the phenomenal Dr. Marisa Franco, New York Times bestselling author of “Platonic” and expert on attachment theory.
Today, we’re shining a light on your attachment style.
What is an attachment style?
Simple. It’s a framework backed by decades of research that will help you understand how you show up in relationships.
There are 4 attachment styles, and whether you’re aware of it or not, you default to one of them.
If you have a hard time setting boundaries with family members…
If you keep dating the same kind of people…
If you cling to relationships that have long expired…
Or if you’ve never been able to connect with someone on a deeply emotional level.
Blame your attachment style.
And here’s the good news: when you understand attachment theory, you can change your default attachment style and become more secure, which leads to happier and healthier relationships.
You deserve that, which is why this episode is for you.
Today, Dr. Franco breaks down the 4 attachment styles that make or break your relationships, AND the powerful tools you can use to improve them.
Once you understand your attachment style, you’ll have a lens through which to improve absolutely every relationship, especially the one you have with yourself.
Because at the deepest level, becoming more secure is about allowing love in.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to improve any relationship
- The four attachment styles of relationships
- How to identify your default attachment style
- Real-life examples of how attachment styles show up
- How to be in a relationship with someone who has a different style
- Four powerful tools to develop secure and healthy relationships
- To get a free download that helps you get in touch with your dreams, go to MelRobbins.com/dreambig
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Dr. Marisa Franco's website
- Dr. Marisa Franco's Instagram
- Dr. Marisa Franco's book Platonic
- The Feelings Wheel, which is mentioned by Dr. Franco
- Article: What is Attachment Theory?