The 51% Rule (and 3 More Strategies to Think Like a Millionaire)
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Steven Bartlett
Do you want to learn the 4 essential steps towards better decision making that will lead you to more success, happiness, and opportunity?
Because here’s the truth: if you want to change your life, you have to understand how to change your decision making.
And today you are going to learn the tools that you can use, from one of the world’s best thinkers and most successful people, to make better decisions.
Steven Barlett is an entrepreneur, speaker, investor, author, and host of Europe’s #1 podcast, The Diary Of A CEO. He has cracked the code on how to leverage your business online, rise above any obstacle, and excel in anything you set your mind to.
There is a reason he sits on the boards of many global brands – because he has one of the greatest entrepreneurial success stories of all time. Steven was a broke university dropout at age 18 when he built an industry-leading social media marketing company. At 28, he co-founded Flight Story, a marketing and communications company and a software platform, which was valued at $600M. He then went on to launch the #1 ranked The Diary Of A CEO podcast.
Today, he is sharing the 4 tactics he uses to make any decision for the best results. The tactics he shares are from his personal life as well as top-tier industry and thought leaders, entrepreneurs, entertainers, and athletes that he interviews on his wildly successful show.
In this episode, you’ll also learn:
- The art of decision making
- How to determine what drives you (and why it’s important to know)
- How The 51% Rule will help you make better decisions
- The difference between Type 1 and Type 2 decisions (and why it matters)
- What to do when you feel trapped in your job or relationship
- Why Steven says you are operating at 1% of your potential
- One of the most successful CEOs says THIS is how to launch any business
- The ONE question to always ask before you go to others for answers
- The #1 goal for entrepreneurs must always be this
- 20% of relationship issues come from this one thing
- Watch the episodes on YouTube
- Follow Mel on Instagram
- The Mel Robbins Podcast Instagram
- Mel's TikTok
- Sign up for Mel’s newsletter
- Get Mel’s free 29-page workbook to make this your best year
Ready for your next listen? If you liked this, you’ll love the episode Toolkit for Building Unstoppable Confidence (According to Research)
Resources and go deeper:
- Steven Bartlett’s website.
- Check out Steven’s podcast.
- The Diary of a CEO: 33 Laws of Business and Life
- Follow Steven on Instagram
- Or find Steven on TikTok
- Harvard Business Review: What are your decision-making strengths and blind spots?
- Forbes: How to determine what drives you
- London School of Economics: The Perfection Trap
- The New York Times: Is college worth it?
- Harvard Business Review: The questions every entrepreneur must answer
- Forbes: 7 insights on successful goal-setting for entrepreneurs
- Forbes: How to use Type 1 and Type 2 decisions (Jeff Bezos did)
- National Library of Medicine: The important of urgency in decision making
- Forbes: Why failing is an important part of success
- Forbes: How to start a business in 11 steps (2024 guide)
More Episodes For You
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Trent Shelton
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Jamie Kern Lima
The Mel Robbins Podcast
The Mel Robbins Podcast with Dr. Ramani