Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
Buckle up and get ready to take notes because this episode is a masterclass.
The tools you’re about to learn will help you become more confident, influential, and even make more money.
Today, we’re talking about The “It” Factor.
Some people just seem to have IT, right?
When I think of The It Factor, people like Oprah, The Rock, Taylor Swift, the Dalai Lama, and Martin Luther King, Jr. come to mind.
These people make you want to lean in, join in, and learn more.
So today we’re asking…
What is “It” that some people have that makes us automatically trust and like them?
And, more importantly, how can you get it?
Here to answer that question is Vanessa Van Edwards, a best-selling author, researcher, and founder of the behavior lab The Science of People.
I cannot wait for you to dig into what she has researched.
Turns out The It Factor has another name: charisma.
And the good news?
YOU can learn how to have charisma, starting today.
You’re going to want to. Research finds that charismatic people are more influential, earn a higher income, and have a bigger impact at work, in their communities, and in their relationships.
The secret to hacking it? Social cues, like body language and the way you speak.
That’s why today’s episode is a masterclass.
- Shocking research from Princeton about how people size you up
- 3 things you must do in the first 10 seconds of a Zoom call
- The qualities of a charismatic person
- Why high achievers can’t just rely on their intelligence
- Tips for nailing an interview
- The reason why you keep getting passed over for that promotion
- Why a second impression is as important as the first
- A simple test that will help you figure out how charismatic you are
- Why you never want to fake smile
- Multiple tools you can start using today to build your charisma
- The major mistake you’re making as you speak
- How to ask for a raise
- Tips for charisma for introverts
That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Today’s episode is jam-packed with simple, tactical research and tools that will help you and anyone you care about develop the skill of charisma.
And you deserve that.
- To take Vanessa's charisma test, click here.
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Sign up here for the High 5 Challenge
- Vanessa Van Edwards: The Science of People
- Vanessa Van Edwards: Bestselling book "Cues"
- In "Cues," Vanessa provides citations for 262 studies and articles that support the research discussed in this podcast.
- Vanessa Van Edwards: Bestselling book "Captivate"
- Vanessa Van Edwards: YouTube
- Vanessa Van Edwards: Instagram
- Princeton Study on Charisma
- See the work of Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton researcher on charisma and her book "The Human Brand"