Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
Have you ever had such a powerful coincidence happen in your life that you think…
This must be a sign.
The person sitting next to you at an event turns out to be part of the team you’re interviewing with next week.
There is a hummingbird outside your apartment window on move-in day, and your grandmother always said she’d come back as one.
You’re sitting in your favorite coffee shop, thinking of someone you haven’t seen in a long time, and right at that moment, they text you.
You can’t explain how these things happen, but when they do, they give you goosebumps and make you feel just a little bit more confident and less alone.
I personally love it when this happens. And I’m always on the lookout for signs that my life is moving in the right direction.
Well, what if I told you that you can create more moments like this?
That’s what we’re talking about today.
These moments have a name: they’re called “synchronicities.”
And my guest today is Dr. Tom Myers, a professor who researched and wrote his entire Ph.D. dissertation on the subject.
You’re about to learn simple steps that will train your brain to create more of these impactful synchronicities in your own life, and three powerful reasons why it’s important that you do so.
Today, you and I are hanging out at the intersection of psychology, science, and spirituality.
Wouldn’t it be nice if your life had more of these magical moments?
Looking for signs that you’re on the right path is not some cheesy thing to do; it’s yet another way you can get intentional about training your brain to help you experience life in a whole new way.
I’ll also share a few stories from my life that are not only examples of synchronicity, but they will also give you goosebumps.
I can’t wait to hear your “goosebump” stories, and I hope what you learn from our conversation today will teach you how to create more of them.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The definition of synchronicity
- 3 powerful reasons why you want to invite more of it in
- 3 simple steps to open yourself up to more synchronicity in your life
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Do you want to create a better morning routine? Join my free 5-day Wake Up Challenge and I’ll coach day by day on setting your day up for success here.
- The High 5 Habit book
- Dr. Tom Myers: White paper of synchronicity
- Watch Mel describe a powerful synchronicity in her life: “The painting story”
- Dr. Bernard Beitman, MD: one of the leading researchers. Click here for his website, research group, and list of studies.
- See the research of Dr. Sandra Erdelez.
- See Dr. Richard Wiseman’s research.
- Dr. Barbara Fredrickson: “Upward Spirals of Positive Emotions Counter Downward Spirals of Negativity”
- Discover: “The Science Behind Coincidence”
- Reticular Activating System, University of Minnesota Extension
- The science behind meaningful living and resilience, National Library of Medicine
- Dr. Tom Myers: Dissertation on synchronicities
- Dr. Igor Limar: “Carl G. Jung’s Synchronicity and Quantum Entanglement”
- Nature: “When quantum physics met psychiatry.”
- Nautilus: “The Synchronicity of Wolfgang Pauli and Carl Jung”
- Scientific American: “Explorers of Quantum Entanglement Win 2022 Nobel Prize in Physics”
- Physics World: “A Universal Theory of Matter and Mind”