Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
This is the pep talk you need.
Change is hard.
Which means you’re going to want to quit or give up.
I call those moments F*** It Moments.
Today’s episode is a little different because you’re going to hear me get in someone’s face who is about to throw in the towel on a big goal and a promise that she has made.
When you hear me coach her, it will be like I’m coaching you.
And once you’re done listening, I promise you won’t be saying F*** it, you’ll be saying F*** yes.
PS: If you’re frustrated with somebody in your life who keeps calling it quits, let me do the honors and deliver the ass-kicking for you.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 2:55: Why I started to cry when it came time to record this episode
- 6:22: The one stupid thing that sent me spiraling into anxiety
- 10:40: What Chris told me when I was ready to quit that made all the difference
- 11:55: What I especially want you to know about you and these F-It moments
- 12:50: Listen in as I coach a woman through her own F-It moment
- 32:15: What triggers most addictive behaviors
- 35:40: What’s REALLY a F-It moment?
- 37:55: Why F-It moments are actually good
- 38:35: How to process your F-It moment
- 40:05: One thing I want you to hear loud and clear about screwing up
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- The Mel Robbins Podcast: Goal Setting Toolkit
- How to make the “fresh start effect” work for you: Psychology Compass
- Harvard expert Lisa Lahey: Why we are bound to fail when we work on our goals
- Positive Psychology: What is self-awareness and how can we develop it?
- New York Times: 6 Steps To Turn Regret Into Self-Improvement