Everything you think about anxiety is wrong.
Yes, we’re starting there.
And yes, we’re going deep.
I know that this episode will change your life. It has done the same for mine.
It’s not a secret that I’ve struggled with anxiety for pretty much my whole life. I swear I came out of the womb in a full-blown panic attack, and I was just warming up for a life of worry on a very elite, professional level.
I have been sharing my anxiety journey, and the tools that have helped me, for the past five years.
And in this episode, things go deeper than they have ever have before.
No exaggeration when I say that my takeaway from this interview today is so revolutionary, it’s forever changed the way I think about my anxiety and my relationship to it.
Which is why it’s my honor to introduce you to Dr. Russell Kennedy, MD.
I’m willing to bet that what you learn today you haven’t heard yet.
Like the real reason you’re anxious in the first place.
It’s not what you’re thinking.
No lie, I’ve been stalking Dr. Kennedy on Instagram for the past year because I just love his stuff. Like me, he’s lived with his own anxiety since childhood. As a neuroscientist and a medical doctor, he also has the clinical experience to teach us how to HEAL our anxiety.
Did you catch that?
You don’t have to stop at managing your anxiety; you can actually heal it.
I see you if you’re living with a constant “nervous stomach.”
I see you if you can’t sleep. I see you if your heart races and your muscles are often tense.
What Dr. Kennedy shares with you today has changed my relationship to anxiety, and I know it can do the same for you.
It will blow your mind when Dr. Kennedy tells you that we’ve been attacking this all wrong, and he’ll give you simple science and research-backed tools that will change your life immediately!
I ask all the questions you are thinking about anxiety and Dr. Kennedy and I get real with the answers.
You are not only going to learn how to deal with your anxiety in a very simple but effective way, you are going to learn why it’s there, what it’s trying to tell you, and how to heal it for good.
This episode has changed my life and I know it will do the same for you and your loved ones.
Bookmark this episode and share it with those in your life who need it.
It’s time. You deserve what you’re about to learn.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN...
- How to do more than just cope with your anxiety – how to heal your anxiety, once and for all
- Anxiety 101: How the brain signals fear, how anxious thoughts occur, and how your body holds trauma
- How to locate anxiety in your body with simple science-backed tools
- How to interrupt anxious thoughts and physically move to take action
- How the neck-up approach to your anxiety can help to change negative thoughts patterns that hold you back
- How traditional medicine and interventions have gotten it wrong
- Why renaming anxiety as state of alarm can help you heal it
- Recognizing when your body moves into its sympathetic nervous system; fight, flight, or freeze so you can get back to a more regulated state
- The difference between generalized anxiety and situational anxiety
- Why emotions stay trapped in the body
- How all anxiety is separation anxiety, either from oneself or from a parental figure
- What a parental mismatch is and how it can make you an anxious adult
- How I’ve been sublimating my anxiety for over thirty years (and what the word sublimating means!)
- How to find a safe space in your body to settle your nervous system in times of heightened anxiety
- The difference between coping with anxiety and healing it
- The relationship between anxiety and addiction
- How to find the place in the body where you’ve blocked love
- How to forge a deeper connection with yourself and feel more empowered
CONNECT WITH DR. RUSSELL KENNEDY, MD
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | Audiobook/Book "Anxiety RX"
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | Website
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | Instagram
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | Facebook
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | LinkedIn
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | Twitter
- Dr. Russell Kennedy | YouTube
GO DEEPER INTO THE TOPICS + SCIENCE
- For Closed Captions: Watch on Mel’s YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Dr. Kennedy’s podcast episodes that are very helpful: Do You Allow Yourself To Receive? + Find Your Alarm
- Dr. Kennedy gives a deeper explanation of JABS in his podcast episode
- Dr. Kennedy mentioned this book about how the body stores trauma: The Body Keeps The Score
- Fight, flight or freeze response explained in this video
- The High 5 Habit Book (referenced by Dr. Kennedy for high-fiving your heart)