Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
In this episode, I’m on a mission to open your eyes to new possibilities.
What do you really want from your life?
And how can you reimagine your next career move to help you fulfill it?
If you’re feeling stuck in a job you hate, were just laid off or fired, just graduated, or you have no idea what you want to do with your life, this episode is my gift to you.
I wanted to do something to help you gain the clarity and courage that you need to make a big change when you’re feeling uncertain.
So I’ve arranged for you to meet with one of the best experts on the planet for a zero cost masterclass and coaching session on getting clear on your next career move, Amy Porterfield.
Her new book, Two Weeks Notice, is the playbook for how you build a successful side hustle or business with zero prior experience.
Amy’s taught more than 50,000 people just like you how to go from dreading their job to designing the life and work they’ve dreamed about.
Today Amy is coaching you, and when you’re done listening to our conversation, you’ll not only be inspired, but you’ll also have the tactical next steps to take.
And, if you’ve ever quietly dreamt of having your own business, my mission today is to pour gasoline on that fire.
After you listen, you’ll think differently about what you’re capable of, and you’ll get a taste of what COULD be.
I always say you are one decision away from the rest of your life.
If you’re ready to design a life you love waking up to, we’re about to teach you how.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 0:13: What you’ll learn today and why you don’t want to miss this episode.
- 4:00: Laid off or in a job you hate? Here’s what you need to know right now
- 8:00: Amy’s wake up call moment – and what you can learn from it.
- 11:30: Have you ever felt there was something else you were supposed to do?
- 13:15: Jealousy is a good thing when it does this for you.
- 22:30: Don’t know what to do next? Start with the Sweet Spot Formula.
- 26:15: Adopt this mentality and you’ll start leveling up in all areas of your life.
- 31:30: If you want to be your own boss, start doing this.
- 32:00: My #1 pro tip to get a free education.
- 34:00: Ok, but what do you do if you don’t have a lot of money?
- 35:30: Here’s what happens to you once you take action.
- 38:30: Think you’re too old to be your own boss? Listen to this story.
- 44:50: My top two tips when it comes to feeling more confident.
- 47:00: Afraid of others judging you? Here’s how you handle that.
- 50:15: The power of your “starter idea”
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Want me to answer your question on the podcast? Submit it here.
- Sign up for my free 5-day Wake Up Challenge to start beating procrastination from the second your alarm goes off.
- Want to learn more with Amy? Check out the workshops on her website.
- Read Amy’s book, Two Week’s Notice
- Follow Amy on Instagram
- Follow Amy on Facebook
- Want to know more about online marketing? Listen to Amy’s podcast
- This episode with Amy pairs well with How to Find Your Purpose.
- Having a hard time taking action? Start here: The #1 Hack for Being More Productive Tomorrow.
- Start unbossing yourself with this episode: . Goal Setting Toolkit: How to Set the Right Goals For You and get my free companion workbook here.
- Inc. Magazine: Studies: confidence is more important than competence for success.
- Read The Confidence Code for everything you need to know about self-assurance.
- Harvard Business Review: Why women don’t apply for jobs unless they’re 100% qualified.
- CNBC: How older workers can push back against the reality of ageism.
- Entrepreneur Magazine: How to start a side hustle without quitting your day job.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce: How to fund your small business.
- Forbes: How to figure out what you want to do.
Free online courses and resume tips mentioned by Mel:
- Harvard Extension School: Tips for your best resumes and cover letters
- Harvard University: free courses.
- EdX: free courses from more than 160 member universities
- Khan Academy: free online courses
- Coursera: free online courses from universities
- Stanford University: free online course database
- List of free online marketing courses from HubSpot