Today’s episode is a trip.
I can’t wait to introduce you to my favorite metaphor - a road trip - to inspire you to have more fun and enjoy the ride on this thing called life.
After all, life is a journey. And no one’s path is exactly the same.
So today, I’m asking you to think about this road trip called life.
And I’m going to be asking you to consider some thought-provoking questions:
Are you the driver or the passenger of your life?
Are you even on the right road?
Do you need to pick a new direction?
Are you heading where you want to go, but speeding so fast you can’t enjoy the ride?
Is it time to update the road trip playlist (in your head)?
And most importantly, what lies on the road ahead?
Whether you’ve just graduated, you’re an empty nester, or you’re somewhere in between, this episode is the perfect gift to send to absolutely everyone in your life.
Change is scary, but it doesn’t have to be. I’m here to help you navigate the road ahead.
This episode will empower you to take the wheel in your life.
Because you, my friend, have choices.
And there’s a million ways to get to where you want to go.
The best days of your life are ahead. I believe that, and after you embrace the opportunity of this road trip called life, you’ll believe it too!
If you want to start owning your mornings, join my free Wake Up Challenge.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 1:00: You’re often asking me about my career history, well here it is!
- 3:00: What does reinvention mean anyway?
- 6:00: The #1 piece of advice to remember before you reinvent your life.
- 8:45: 90% of the questions coming into my inbox are about this.
- 9:40: This is my favorite metaphor when it comes to demystifying life’s journey.
- 12:45: When you are stuck or you’re going through hell, do this first.
- 14:15: What happens when life doesn't go the way you expected it to?
- 17:30: When sh*t happens in your life, please don’t do this.
- 18:30: Embrace these two truths about life, you’ll tap into your power.
- 20:30: Do this activity to start loving the most important person in your life.
- 22:00: What do you do when your life feels “blah” and uninspiring?
- 26:45: Don’t miss these science-backed steps to create more excitement!
- 31:45: I texted this study from Laura Vanderkam to all my parent friends.
- 35:30: Your relationship to time is always going to be about this.
- 36:15: This study with university students doesn’t make sense logically.
- 40:00: Denise was thinking about this for 20 YEARS; listen to what happened.
Want me to answer your question on the podcast? Submit it here.
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC”. For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here
- Want me to answer your question on the podcast? Submit it here.
- Stuck on your dreams? “Listen to Your Dreams Are Not a Joke.”
- The tools you need for behavior change: “Goal-Setting Toolkit.”
- The New York Times: Laura Vanderkam’s study and how to make more time.
- Hey Sigmund: How to stop anxiety intruding on your decisions.
- American Psychological Association: Why you need to take breaks.
- University of California, Berkeley: Research shows 3 ways to see meaning in life.
- The Atlantic: The meaning of life is surprisingly simple.
- TED: How to gain control of your free time with Laura Vanderkam (video).
- Harvard Business Review: Stop being so hard on yourself.