Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
I made you an appointment with one of the world’s leading doctors in functional medicine.
Dr. Mark Hyman has written an incredible 14 (!!!) New York Times best sellers. He is the founder and director of The UltraWellness Center, and Head of Strategy and Innovation at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine.
His latest book, Young Forever, teaches you science-backed, actionable steps to slow down the aging process and even reverse disease.
An appointment like this would cost $$$ in person, but today, it’s free for you.
Seriously, you will be floored by what you hear.
No matter how old you are, you have more control over your health than you may think, and it’s never too early or too late to start making simple yet profound changes.
Having trouble sleeping? We've got you.
Brain fog and headaches messing up your day? Check.
Low energy? We hear you.
Anxiety and ADHD running your life? We’re covering that too.
In this episode, we are breaking everything down point by point so that you get the specific, actionable steps you need to start changing your life in real time.
Grab a notebook because the doctor is in and he will see you now.
Get ready to take charge of your health like never before.
Start your day off with focus using “A Toolkit for the Perfect Morning Routine.”
Here are more “Simple Ways to Improve Your Brain Health.”
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 9:30: Food is not just food; here’s what it becomes once you eat it.
- 12:30: So what’s the connection between gut health and overall health?
- 14:45: What exactly is inflammation and what’s causing it?
- 16:30: Okay, so then what does a healthy gut look like?
- 19:30: Put these foods on your plate for 10 days and see what happens.
- 23:30: The big fat lie we’re being fed every day.
- 25:30: Can changing my gut heal my anxiety?
- 27:15: This simple tool will improve digestion and calm your nerves.
- 28:30: Phenomenal story of ADHD that was healed in two months.
- 31:30: The difference between two main types of allergies.
- 34:00: Holy sh*t! What Dr. Hyman said that reminded me of Oakley.
- 37:45: The 5 major things in your life that cause inflammation.
- 40:00: Simple tips to help you start sleeping better.
- 42:40: If we could cure this, we’d extend our lives by more than 7 years.
- 44:45: These are the supplements you and I should be taking.
- 48:15: Here’s what causes your body to dump too much magnesium.
- 50:50: Trouble with your hormones? You need to hear this.
- 55:00: Do this if you want a clear picture of your health.
- 59:45: What probiotics help reset your gut?
Want me to answer your question on the podcast? Submit it here.
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Want to learn more about Dr. Mark Hyman? Check out his website.
- Check out his latest book, Young Forever.
- Find Dr. Hyman on Facebook.
- Get daily inspiration from Dr. Hyman on Instagram.
- Why ADHD is not a brain disease (plus writing sample Dr. Hyman refers to.)
- Check out Dr. Hyman’s phenomenal core workout here.
- Click here for more information on Dr. Hyman's function health testing program.
- And here is the Tom Brady fitness routine Dr. Hyman is raving about.
- National Library of Medicine: Dietary fiber modulates gut microbiome.
- American Institute of Cancer Research: Cruciferous veggies reduce cancer risk.
- Newsweek: Americans are addicted to ultra-processed foods.
- National Public Radio: How the food industry helps engineer our cravings.
- Check out This Is Your Brain On Food, by Dr. Uma Naidoo.
- University of CA, Berkeley: How your social life might help you live longer.
- National Library of Medicine: High consumption of soda linked to fractures.