In this episode, you will meet Judie, a total badass who has it all figured out, from killer biceps to fulfilling friendships to staying mentally sharp, spunky, and sexy. She’s got it all together.
Who is Judie? She’s my 85-year-old mother-in-law.
You don’t need a library full of books filled with the science of staying young forever. Today you are getting the cliff notes for living a long, happy, healthy, fulfilling, and purposeful life.
She will teach you:
- The reason moments of joy are fleeting for you and how to make them last longer
- The most important relationship you need to foster in your life
- The surprising thing you can do this week to create purpose in your life
- Why you need friends that are younger AND older than you
- How to create a killer morning routine that fuels your busy life
- The 3 ways to keep your mind young at any age
- The reason YOU need to be the first one to pick up the phone
Today Judie is sharing her 7 secrets to longevity and coaching you on how to get the life you deserve. She spills her no-BS secrets on how to take care of your mind, body, and relationships.
Backed by research and 80 years of experience, her love of life and ability to embrace moments of joy and give back are what make her such an inspiration.
I am so excited to introduce this wonderful person to you. I want you to take a page out of her playbook.
You’re never too young or too old to start living life the way you want.
And it is NEVER too late to be the badass you were meant to be.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 4:02: How to create a killer morning routine that fuels your busy life
- 8:18: One mantra that you need for purposeful intention
- 10:14: When Judie first started working out (it’s not too late)
- 11:30: Judie’s #1 for feeling less depressed and isolated as you age
- 12:13: Why you need friends that are younger AND older than you
- 14:41: The surprising thing you can do this week to create purpose in your life
- 17:44: The reason YOU need to be the first one to pick up the phone
- 19:50: The 3 ways to keep your mind young at any age
- 22:10: How to maintain the motivation to move every day
- 32:03: The most important relationship you need to foster in your life
- 36:47: How you can really “stay young at heart”
- 40:24: How to get the life you deserve and live the way you want
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Susan Pinker: The Secret to Living Longer May Be Your Social Life
- Harvard Health and Medicine: Good genes are nice, but joy is better
- University of Kansas: How to Make Friends? Study reveals time it takes
- New York Times: Text Your Friends: It matters more than you think
- Mayo Clinic: Friendships: Enrich your life and improve your health
- American Psychological Association: Want to boost your mental health? Take a walk.
- The Washington Post: Got 11 minutes? A daily brisk walk could lower risk for early death.
- Harvard School of Public Health: Walking daily may boost healthy aging
- Dr. Phillippa Lally at UCL: How are habits formed, Modeling habit formation in the real world
- The Atlantic: Big dreams and small actions go together.