Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
Have you ever had one of those years where life seems to punch you in the face?
Where one thing after another knocks you down, over and over, until you start to feel like you are never getting back up.
Well, that was this past year for me.
People I trusted betrayed me. Plus, I was living 150 miles away from my husband and son, alone in Boston during the week for work. I never saw my friends because I was too busy working. I wasn’t exercising. I wasn’t taking care of myself in general. Honestly, I felt really lonely all the time.
And looking back at pictures of myself from that time, it’s easy to see all of that in my face.
I think we all know that the greatest lessons in life come from the most challenging things that you face. And while it’s true, it’s not easy when you are in the middle of it.
This past year taught me 3 invaluable lessons, and today I’m sharing them with you.
I know you’re going to nod along because you know these lessons are true.
I don’t know why they are so damn hard to learn, but my hope is that by sharing what I struggled through and what I learned from, it will save you the headache and heartache that this year put me through.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 0:24: The gory details from the hardest year of my life
- 7:02: Lesson #1 from this year
- 8:30: The journal prompt that gave me a wake up call
- 11:43: How to identify the friction in your life and a major warning if you don’t pay attention
- 15:21: Lesson #2 from this year
- 16:55: How this podcast almost never came to be
- 22:36: The epiphany our son Oakley had
- 27:04: If you’re tired of your excuses… try THIS
- 28:49: Lesson #3 from this year
- 32:31: The mental health crisis I experienced this year and what it taught me
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Mel Robbins: The ONLY way to stop procrastinating
- Mel Robbins: How to get confident, beat your insecurities, and overcome your fear
- Boost your motivation and start changing your life: The High 5 Daily Journal
- Greenbrook Neural Health: The Connection Between Depression and Motivation
- The Atlantic: No One Cares! Our fears about what other people think are overblown
- Greater Good Magazine: John Gottman on Trust and Betrayal