Listen to the Mel Robbins Podcast twice per week, every Monday and Thursday, to achieve the life of your dreams.
In this episode, you and I are getting intentional about your happiness.
Happiness is misunderstood.
Fortunately, there’s a ton of research that explains why it can be so elusive and, even better, HOW you can create a happier life, starting today.
Our conversation about happiness begins with breaking down the two types of happiness and why it’s important for you to include both in your life.
You’ll also learn four practical takeaways that research says are key for cultivating more happiness in your daily life.
I love this episode, and I can’t wait for you to experience it! I am bringing the science and the strategies, and I have a phenomenal metaphor to share with you that will forever change the way you view happiness.
You’re not only going to learn what to do; you’re going to experience several listeners just like you who are seeking more happiness and fulfillment in their lives.
This is a highly relatable, entertaining, and transformative episode, so don’t miss out.
You’ll be happy you joined us.
Want to add more happiness to your life? Listen to "How to Have More Fun."
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 3:52: Can’t remember the last time you were truly happy? You’re not alone.
- 5:04: Does this happen to you when you chase happiness?
- 8:21: What do we mean by happiness, anyway?
- 9:24: You knew this was coming- my favorite metaphor for happiness!
- 10:43: Science puts happiness into these two buckets.
- 13:38: The problem when you’re on a big healing journey and what to do about it.
- 22:23: Can you feel happy even during the mundane, ordinary days?
- 24:10: Believe it or not, here’s where you find true happiness.
- 26:48: This is the single best decision you can make to cultivate happiness.
- 30:12: This is how your brain reads loneliness because you’re meant to connect.
- 35:02: Building warm relationships starts here.
- 37:25: Here’s how I reorganized my own life to stop feeling lonely.
- 39:32: My mom is a pro at this and research shows it will boost your energy.
- 43:41: What do you need to know about feeling inner peace?
- 45:57: Here’s why older people tend to be happier.
- 47:52: Three surprising ways to actually invite more peace in your life.
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- The Mel Robbins Podcast: Goal Setting Toolkit
- Harvard Study: Good genes are nice, but joy is better.
- University of CA, Berkeley: You can be happier, but it’s not easy.
- Oracle: Half of us have not felt true happiness in years.
- The New York Times: Why we all need to have more fun.
- Study from China indicates being in flow can boost well-being.
- Frontiers: The neuroscience of the flow state.
- BIG THINK Science: We all can reach a flow state. Here’s how.
- Watch this video to learn more about flow state.
- Western Oregon University: eudaimonic vs. hedonic happiness.
- Here’s how to heal your anxiety, with Dr. Russell Kennedy.
- National Public Radio: Talking to strangers can make you happier.