In this episode, renowned researcher, bestselling author, and total badass Ritu Bhasin will help you step into your power.
Her work proves that a better life begins when you stop trying to fit in and start showing up as your authentic self.
Does this sound like you?
- You say yes to fit in.
- You stay silent and let others talk over you during meetings.
- You never ask for that raise you’ve earned.
- You let your partner and friends make all the decisions.
- You don’t have big goals because you’re afraid to fail.
Before you waste another day of your life pretending to be someone you're not, listen to this life-changing episode.
You deserve better.
This episode will teach you how to make the rules and be who you want to be.
Ritu and I will teach you how to claim your confidence and live a bolder, badass life in 4 simple steps.
This is your time. Take it.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- 05:27: Why Ritu wanted to make an entire video about how to pronounce her name.
- 13:47: What it means to stand in your power.
- 17:02: Are you masking your true identity?
- 22:37: Feeling comfortable with yourself vs. hiding who you really are..
- 27:41: The #1 thing Ritu did to bring more belonging and authenticity into her life.
- 35:34: 3 steps to conquer uncomfortable situations.
- 38:08: The mantra that Ritu repeats to herself to stay in control.
- 41:58: How to make others feel like they belong, too, and why that matters.
- 45:59: The only thing you can control are your actions.
- 49:54: You have 3 versions of your "self" - here’s what they are.
- 52:44: We are all adults stuck in a middle school brain.
- 57:00: The most important version of your “self” looks like this..
- 59:48: The #1 takeaway I want you to get from this conversation
Resources and go deeper:
- For Closed Captions: Watch on YouTube and turn on “CC.” For instructions to turn on closed captions, click here.
- Learn more about her work here.
- Get her latest book here.
- Follow her on Instagram here.
- Or check out her Facebook page here.
- Frontiers in Psychology: What is the essence of authenticity?
- Journal of Research in Personality: Realness is a core feature of authenticity.
- TED: What does it really mean for leaders to be authentic?