Video Production Associate & Editor
Contractor to Hire Position
(Must be based in Boston, MA)
As a Video Production Associate & Editor, you will support the creation, production, post-production, and marketing needs for the Mel Robbins Brand and The Mel Robbins Podcast. The Video Production Associate & Editor is a technically trained creative expert who can shoot, design motion graphics, and edit compelling original videos for the brand, podcast, and social media that drive storytelling, education, awareness, virality, and conversion.
- Operate SONY A-series cameras for pre-recorded and live broadcast in a live production setting.
- Operate audio console and be responsible for all aspects of sound during recordings and other projects.
- Operate and maintain studio lights.
- Operate MAC-based computer software to prepare video recordings for publishing.
- Work with Podcast, Social, and Course teams to dream up and create video content for internal and brand marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the social media and podcast teams in the delivery of video clips to support The Mel Robbins Podcast.
- Support defining best practices for creative excellence and strategic thinking as it applies to GFX creative & motion design.
- Take a script or story and bring it – and relevant messages – to life with smart, narratively-oriented linear and non-linear editing.
- Input music, effects, dialogue, and graphics when appropriate.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and other meetings to develop content for the brand, podcast, and other associated marketing efforts.
- Coordinate materials, deliveries, and relevant asks for cross-functional needs.
- Support in maintenance of Monday.com tickets/tasks and project status.
- Work with the Social Media team to strategically ideate, create, and test video content across Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and YouTube, as well as other new platforms that arise, working to develop concepts for new series.
- Serve as Editor/Producer to Senior Manager for YouTube-specific series or shows.
- Collaborate with Production and social media on content calendars in partnership with the Brand, Podcast marketing, and social media/ad on-going needs.
You’re the ideal candidate if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, ideally in B.S. in Film, Video, or Communications Media.
- Have 3-5 years of proven video production experience.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Motion Graphics skills required.
- Camera operation experience required.
- Audio experience would be a plus.
- Basic photoshop skills would be a HUGE plus.
- Unrelenting attention to detail.
- Resourceful, organized, and proactive with an ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Possess a strong work ethic, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude.
You’d fit in well on Team Mel if:
- You’re forward-thinking, an expert at follow-through, a quick and creative problem solver, and a self-starter.
- Your superpower is the ability to engage and grow social media audiences so that observers become fans and fans become advocates.
- You bring fresh ideas to any project or conversation.
- You are flexible and agile and can ruthlessly prioritize and anticipate short-term and longer-term priorities.
- You love technology and are a wizard at the organization.
- You are someone who isn’t afraid to take on all kinds of tasks and learn new things.
- You are a leader and a team player who wants to be part of making the company better as a whole.
- You’re looking for a dynamic and engaging job that makes an impact on people’s lives in a meaningful way.
- You believe in the work and are motivated by the difference you’re making in people’s lives.
If this role sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17th, 2023 in order to be considered. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Who We Are:
143 Studios, Inc. is a media company headquartered in Boston, MA focused on creating, producing, and publishing first-of-its-kind audio and visual content that inspires and empowers millions of people around the world. 143 Studios produces and manages content across all social and digital platforms for Mel Robbins.
Mel is in a category all her own. As one of the world’s most widely followed and listened to podcast hosts and authors, she’s sought after by the world’s leading brands and medical professionals who use her research-backed tools and strategies in clinical and corporate settings.
She is the #1 female voice in the mental health, wellness, and personal development spaces, a serial media entrepreneur, and an expert in mindset and behavior change. She has amassed 12 million followers online, with her videos going viral almost daily.
143 Studios produces provocative and award-winning content with unprecedented results: millions of books sold, billions of video views, seven #1 audiobooks, and original courses and professional development education for clients like Starbucks, Ulta Beauty, JP Morgan Chase, LinkedIn, Spotify, Headspace, and Audible.
A New York Times bestselling author and Forbes 50 over 50, Mel’s work includes the multi-million copy-selling The 5 Second Rule, The High 5 Habit, and the Webby and Signal Award-winning #1 education podcast in the world, The Mel Robbins Podcast.
Mel’s work has been translated into 41 languages, her podcast is syndicated in 194 countries, and her TEDx Talk is one of the most viewed of all time. Most importantly, her science-backed tools and relatable advice have changed the lives of millions of people worldwide.